Massage sometimes sounds like a luxury, something we only indulge in while vacationing on a tropical island. But massage has many important health benefits, and can be an enjoyable way to keep your body happy and healthy.
Here are 10 ways massage can benefit your body:
- Dilates vessels which improves circulation
- Relaxes muscle spasms and relieves tension
- Promotes relaxation
- Increase joint flexibilty
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts
- Improve depression and anxiety
- Relieves headaches
- Lowers blood pressure
- Relieves pain
- Satisfies the universal need for caring and nurturing touch
Never had a massage before? Here are a few things to remember:
- A massage should consist of tolerable pressure, especially when receiving a deep tissue treatment. Feel free to speak up if the pressure is too much or becomes painful.
- You should inform the massage therapist of any unusual sensations before, during or after the treatment.
- You may disrobe to your comfort level but know you will be professionally draped with a sheet at all times.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day, before and after getting a treatment. This is especially important!
- If you need to, use the bathroom before a session.
- Finally, don’t be afraid to speak up for any reason. The massage therapist would like to make your experience as enjoyable as possible.
Our Massage Therapists, Rick and Debbie are available by appointment:
- Mondays, 1 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays, 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- Thursdays, 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Fridays, 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Massage rates at PVMC are very affordable!
- 30-Minute Massage – $33.00
- 45-Minute Massage – $43.00
- 60-Minute Massage – $55.00
- 90-Minute Massage – $86.00
Employee (spouses eligible):
- 30-Minute Massage – $22.00
- 45-Minute Massage – $30.00
- 60-Minute Massage – $38.00
- 90-Minute Massage – $60.00
Massage Therapy is located in Medical Plaza 1, Suite 250 (shared with the Sleep Lab) but, you will still check in for your massage in Suite 100. Massages must be paid for at time of check-in. Massage gift certificates can be purchased from the cashier, or can be paid for at time of check-in at the registration desk. To schedule a massage, please call 303-498-1841.