The City of Brighton will present the 22nd Annual Festival of Lights Parade and Winter Festival on Saturday, Dec. 9. The family-favorite event will kick-off at 10 a.m. with a free movie and continue throughout the day with a variety of historic downtown and winter festival activities until the tree lighting ceremony and parade.The parade will feature local organizations, businesses and families who have come together to spread holiday spirit with the Brighton community.
Winter Festival activities will include:
10 a.m. – AMC Theaters, Pavilions
FREE Children’s matinee, Disney/Pixar’s Coco, sponsored by AMC Brighton 12
*seating is limited
11 a.m. – Business Open House – Historic Downtown
Multiple businesses will open their doors to the citizens of Brighton with special sales, holiday activities and refreshments.
2 p.m. – Winter Festival – Historic City Hall, 22 S. 4th Ave.
- Santa Comes To Town, sponsored by First National Bank
- Teddy Bear and Friends Tree, sponsored by Daveco Beer Wine & Spirits, Brighton
- Face painting, sponsored by Blackjack Pizza & Salads
- Hay Rides, sponsored by Platte Valley Medical Center
- Petting Zoo, sponsored by Power Home Remodeling
- Food Vendors
4:15 p.m. – Paw and Pal 1.5k Run/Walk
$15 entry fee, registration at 3 p.m.
Longspeak St. & N. 4th Ave.
Hosted by Platte Valley Truck Club
Let your dog join the holiday fun! Prizes will be awarded to the first and second place winners in each weight category.
1. Dogs must be on leash throughout race.
2. Dog and Pal must finish race together.
3. Owner of dog will be responsible for dog’s behavior during event.
4. Holiday decorations are permitted.
5. Dog must run/walk the entire race.
Proceeds will benefit Platte River Track Club. Download your registration at www.brightonco.gov/festivaloflights.
4:30 p.m. – United Power Tree Lighting Ceremony, Historic City Hall, 22 S. 4th Ave.
Mayor McLean and City Council members will count down the United Power lighting of the three-story evergreen tree illuminated by more than 6,000 lights.
5 p.m. – Festival of Lights Parade, Historic City Hall, 22 S. 4th Ave.
The parade will include more than 75 fully-illuminated entries and floats that highlight the theme of “A Hometown Holiday Tradition.”
All activities are free and open to the public. This event will take place snow or shine. For more information, contact 303-655-2218 or visit www.brightonco.gov/festivaloflights.