Annual Respiratory Mask Testing is coming up! For your convenience, associates can attend sessions at ANY Front Range care site
Platte Valley Medical Center
- Wednesday, April 4
- Friday, April 6
- Wednesday, May 9
All sessions run from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. in Conference Rooms B & C. *Testing will close for lunch from 11:50 – 12:45 each day.
If none of these dates work with your schedule and you would like to test at another SCL Health caresite, click here to download a flyer with additional dates and times.
BE READY FOR MASK FIT TESTING PER OSHA REGULATIONS:
- Bring your completed annual Respirator Fit Test Questionnaire to the testing session.
- If you are not clean shaven every day at work, you cannot be fitted with the mask and must wear a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
- For those of you who wear a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR), you still need to attend one of the mask fitting sessions to be signed off for the PAPR.
- If an associate had a recent pre-employment respirator fit testing, they will need to attend a scheduled session to synchronize with the annual fit testing in order for the care site to maintain compliance with OSHA.
- No apparel that interferes with the respirator skin to face sealing surface.
- No smoking by associate(s) for at least one hour prior to fit testing.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT TESTING SESSION:
- If the questionnaire is completed prior to testing, testing will take approximately 15 minutes.
- After you have passed the test, obtain your annual fit test respirator card.
WHO IS REQUIRED TO BE FIT TESTED:
Full time, part-time, and PRN Associates who may potentially be exposed to air borne diseases that require personal protective equipment of wearing the N95 respiratory mask. Your department Manager will advise if your department is required to participate.
****If you do not complete respiratory mask fit testing by May 21, 2018 at 2:30pm, your care site will remove you from the schedule; and you will not be allowed to work. You will not be in compliance with OSHA requirements and as a consequence, may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including suspension and termination. Disciplinary action will lead to your disqualification of your 2019 merit increase (performance reviews in March/April 2019).
WHAT IS THE REASON FOR ANNUAL RESPIRATOR MASK FIT TESTING?
OSHA requires Annual fit testing to insure that the proper mask, hood, or respirator is the proper size and fit, and that the tight fitting seal is not compromised, affording reliable protection for the user to protect from potentially harmful infectious disease. It is also for the user to understand and know how to don and doff a mask properly. A RESPIRATOR CAN’T PROTECT YOU IF IT DOESN’T FIT YOUR FACE.