The new SCL wireless networks that are now in place include:
- SCLHS (this is the primary for laptops, etc.)
- SLCHS_VOIP (used for corporate VOIP telephones devices like SpectraLinks)
- SCLHS_BIOMED (used for BioMed equipment)
- SCLHS_PUBLIC (this is the public guest wireless network for patients, visitors, personal cell phones and laptops, etc.)
The legacy PVMC wireless networks that will be disabled include:
- PVMC_Guest (this has already been disabled)
There are a great deal of personal devices – smart phones, laptops – that are currently connecting to PVMC_Mobile and PVMC_Svc. We recommend you reconfigure your devices to instead connect with SCLHS_PUBLIC. We know that there are also quite a few corporate devices still pointing to the legacy PVMC networks as well, and the PVMC IT team will be working with those areas affected to ensure they get moved as well.
Our target date to disable the legacy PVMC networks is February 1, please make these changes to your personal devices as soon as possible. The IT department will send out reminders between now and then, and please reach out to Tim Branningan at firstname.lastname@example.org or the PVMC IT team with any questions in the meantime.