PVMC reached its highest level of comparison against the HealthStream database recently with a 94th percentile ranking for the overall rating of the hospital. This means that as a hospital we are out-performing 94 percent of all hospitals in HealthStream’s national database.
Earlier in the month we recognized Medical Imaging for their outstanding scores and today we feature Surgical Services and ICU. In the next two issues of The ICE, we will also highlight the Medical/Surgical/Telemetry Unit, the Women’s & Newborn Center, Emergency and Environmental Services for their contributions to excellence.
Surgical Services received a 91st percentile ranking for the HealthStream database for the third quarter during a time where their volume was also performing at record levels.
Specific strategies to achieve these scores included –
- New surgeons Drs. Gawart and Gerry, who are very engaged in our patients;
- Improving their performance with tactics including AIDET, managing up, etc.;
- Sending chicken noodle soup home with outpatient surgery patients as a gesture of caring and to promote healing;
- And the implementation of TeamStepps and Nurse Leader Rounding.
The surgery team is providing exceptional service to our patients and these results are evidence of these top scores. KUDOS to the entire Surgery Department!
PVMC is proud to also recognize the ICU Department for their excellence in patient perceptions as evidenced by an 84th percentile ranking for the HealthStream database for the third quarter. (This means they are out-performing 84 percent of all hospitals in HealthStream’s national database.)
Specific strategies to achieve these scores include –
- Improving their performance through the development of staff, and with tactics including AIDET, Employee Rounding, managing up, thank you notes, new business cards;
- Nurse Leader and Interdisciplinary Rounding to ensure consistency for patients;
- And using their white boards to communicate clear patient goals.
The ICU is providing exceptional service to our patients and these results are evidence of these excellent scores. Congratulations to the entire ICU department!
Thank you Surgical Services and ICU for making us all PVMC proud! These scores reflect PVMC’s ongoing commitment to Planetree Pillars of Healing and the integration of Studer concepts.