Great news! We are officially able to download and use the Doc on Demand app. The app is free to download through the app store on your iPhone or Android device. Use the code TeamSCLHealth to unlock a coupon for one free “visit” with Doc on Demand. After the first visit, employees who are covered by the hospital insurance, Aetna, will be able to use the app for $10 per visit. Employees who are not enrolled in the hospital insurance will be able to use the app for $40 per visit. You must download the coupon by April 30 to get your first visit free. You don’t have to use the coupon right away, but you must download it by the deadline.
A table will be set up in the Bistro during the following times if you need help to download and sign up for the app:
- Friday, April 4, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Monday, April 11, 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 13, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Friday, April 15, 7 – 9 a.m.
- Monday, April 18, 6-7:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 20, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Doctor On Demand is an innovative and inexpensive way for you to seek care for a variety of non-urgent medical issues via your mobile device from the comfort of your home or workplace, or while traveling. When you or a family member have a non-urgent health issue, such as cold/flu symptoms, sore throat or pink eye, you can access a physician via the video app, avoiding the need to visit an ER or urgent care center for a non-emergency medical issue, or when a primary care physician is not available such as on weekends, holidays and after business hours.
1. Download the App & Sign Up
- Download the Doctor On Demand app from the Apple or Google Play app stores.
- Tap “Sign Up” on the welcome screen.
- Enter your associate email address, date of birth, and choose a password.
- You will then be asked to fill out some basic information about yourself.
- You do not need to input your insurance information.
2. Enter Referral & Insurance Information
- Next you will be asked if anyone referred you to Doctor On Demand.
- Tap “My Employer.”
- Enter “SCL Health” and tap “Submit.”
- Tap “Yes” or “No” to signal if you are enrolled in the PVMC medical plan (Aetna).
- If you enter “Yes,” you will need to enter your social security number and confirm
your address information.
3. Enter Coupon Code
- After verifying your PVMC insurance information, a screen will notify you of the $10 per video visit rate. Tap “Ok, Great!”
- However, there is still one more step required to get your first visit free.
- Apple users: A new screen will appear, asking for a coupon code. Enter “TeamSCLHealth” and tap “Submit.”
- Droid users: If you don’t see the coupon screen, tap “Done” and then tap the
“Me” icon, then “Apply Coupon.” Enter “TeamSCLHealth” and tap “Submit.”
- After submitting your coupon code, a screen should appear, verifying that you have
a $50 credit towards your first Doctor on Demand video visit.
- Tap “OK.” You have now completed the sign-up process. The rest of the screens
after this are voluntary. You can decide to enter in the information that is asked for
or tap “Not Now.”
- You can access or update your referral source and coupon screens at any time by
tapping on “Account.”
- Ready for a Video Visit? When you’re ready for a video visit, simply open the app
and click “See a Medical Doctor Now.”
- This is not a part of your insurance, it is a cash-up-front service. Moving forward, associates enrolled in PVMC’s Aetna health plan will pay $10 for future visits, and PVMC subsidizes the other $30. If you’re not enrolled in PVMC’s insurance, you will pay only $40 for future visits with a physician, and $50 for visits with a mental health provider.