According to the most recent census data, Platte Valley serves 40% of the 10 fastest growing cities in Colorado. And after years of steady growth, it’s now time to begin the largest inpatient expansion project at Platte Valley since 2007.
Construction will begin to expand our current bed capacity by 28 new inpatient rooms with telemetry monitoring capability on the 3rd floor this fall. The project entails three phases of design, construction and related moves in order to accommodate the new patient rooms.
PHASE 1 & PHASE 2
This project is similar to a sliding puzzle, where several moves have to take place prior to actual construction. Currently, the existing third floor is 50% occupied by administrative associates and the remainder is shelled space. The current occupants will be relocated from the 3rd floor of the bed tower to ancillary areas throughout PVMC to make room for construction. These 3rd Floor moves, along with other support department moves, begin on July 6 and will continue until mid-September.
On July 9 (Important Date to Remember):
- Medical Records and Health Information Management (HIM) will move from its current space on the first floor of the main hospital and will open in a new location on Monday, July 9. They will be relocated to the 3rd floor of Medical Plaza 1 (just left of the elevator). More complete details will be shared soon, but please make a note that medical records will soon be available in Medical Plaza 1!
- Several staff parking spots in the north employee lot will be closed from July 9 – August 31. More to come!
This phase includes the build-out and remodeling of the 3rd Floor after all occupants have been relocated to the ancillary areas.
- Design Complete: July 2, 2018
- Pre-Construction: July 2, 2018 – September 25, 2018
- Construction: September 26, 2018 – March 8, 2019
- FFE Outfitting: March 4, 2019 – April 1, 2019
- First Patient Day: April 2, 2019