Like no other week in our calendar year, now is the perfect time to reflect on what you’re thankful for. The following information was shared with PVMC’s Leadership Team last week by Supply Chain Management Director Tracey Reichart in preparation for Thanksgiving. Feel free to share this sentiment with your family and friends as you gather together for the holidays.
Gratitude – The quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
Why Living a Life of Gratitude Can Make You Happy:
• Because it reminds you of the positive things in your life
• Because life challenges make you a stronger person
• Because it reminds you of what’s important
• Because it reminds you to thank others
How to Live a Life of Gratitude:
• Take three minutes a day to silently give thanks
• Say ‘thank you’ regularly to others
• See the glass ‘half full’ vs. ‘half empty’
• See the positive in situations and view this as a new opportunity
• Learn a gratitude prayer or poem
Name Four Things You are Grateful For Today:
Prayer of Gratitude
Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don’t know something.
This gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations.
Limitations give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge.
Challenges will build your strength and character.
Be thankful for your mistakes.
Mistakes will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you’re tired and weary.
This means you’ve made a difference.
It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.
GRATITUDE can turn a negative setback into a positive outcome.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles and they can become your blessings.