Don’t forget to check on your HealthWISE account at least monthly. For the time being, we will continue to use the HealthWISE program, and you will still need to get 55 points by October 31. If you can’t get up to 55 points, you may face higher rates on your insurance premiums in 2018. Don’t forget these simple ways to log points:
- Your preventive exams count! You will get 2 points each for exams including: mammogram, colonoscopy, dental exam, eye exam, or skin cancer check.
- Community events count! Examples of these activities are 5/10K walk/runs, blood drives, structured weight loss pograms (i.e weight watchers), health fairs, or Habitat for Humanity.
- Engaging in healthy lifestyle behaviors is the first step to improving your overall health. Healthy lifestyle behaviors include relaxation techniques, working out, participation in a walking/biking/running event, eating fruits and vegetables are all examples of ways that you can earn 2 wellness credits.
- If you are not enrolled in PROHealth, you must complete two out of the four remaining monthly challenges in order to reach your point goals, as well as every other activity, including 2 volunteer events, the personal health track, 4 preventive exams and 2 healthy lifestyle behaviors.
- If you aren’t enrolled in PROHealth 59 total points are still possible at this time, if you complete all the activities.
- If you are enrolled in PROHealth, 69 points are still possible at this time if you complete all the activities.
- Even if you have only done the Biometric Screening and Health Assessment, it is still possible to reach your 55 points, but don’t wait! If you don’t complete 2 of the final 4 seminars before they expire, you won’t have enough activities to make your point goal!