All employees, volunteers, and medical staff must receive a flu shot before October 31. This is a firm deadline! The flu vaccine is mandatory unless you have an approved exemption. There are only two “approved” exemptions for the influenza vaccination
- a documented, severe (life-threatening) allergy to eggs or to other components of the influenza vaccine
- a history of Guillain-Barre Syndrome within six weeks following a previous dose of influenza vaccine.
Please contact Employee Health at x1495 as soon as possible if you have an exemption.
The seasonal flu vaccine is free for all employees. Each employee who receives the vaccination will also receive candy and a fountain drink coupon. Vaccines are available on the following dates:
- October 9, 6:30 a.m. 2:30 p.m., Bistro
- October 12, 6:30 a.m. 2:30 p.m., Conf C•October 19, 6:30 a.m. 2:30 p.m., Conf C•October 30, 6:30 a.m. 2:30 p.m., Conf C
- For night shift staff, the House Supervisor will be available to give the shot
We also have a few community clinics available. Community Flu Clinics Open to employees and their families. Held in the conference center.
- Drive Thru & Walk-In Clinic, Saturday, September 29, 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Walk-In Only, Saturday, October 20, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
If you’d like to get your flu shot from a non-PVMC clinic, you will need to bring in proof of your vaccination in order to be compliant.