One of the priority areas that came out of the 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment for PVMC was Mental Health and Substance Abuse. To help address this, SCL Health is providing the Mental Health First Aid course along with Community Reach Center. The class is free to attend for everyone and the information is invaluable as we see more issues within our community and the hospital. If you know someone in the community that would benefit from this opportunity, please pass this along to them.
These classes do have a minimum required class size, and will be cancelled if enough people do not sign up. Please consider taking this valuable class.
- First Responder & Emergency Department Class: Wednesday, November 29 at 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. in the Medical Plaza 2 Conference Room. To register: http://bit.ly/2yxSPoI
- Tuesday Dec 12, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. in Medical Plaza 2 Conference Room. To register: http://bit.ly/2xlZRfT
About Mental Health First Aid:
- Evidence-based training program empowering individuals to identify, understand and respond to others who might be experiencing a mental health or substance abuse crisis
- Enhances ability to intervene in the event of a mental health emergency
- Population health approach to behavioral health helps to raise awareness and intervention skills while reducing the stigma around mental health
- Movement to train a greater number of individuals across the country to improve prevention efforts against anxiety,depression and other mental health disorders
- Similar to previous efforts to increase the number of individuals with CPR/First Aid knowledge…more education = more lives saved!