Platte Valley Medical Center will host its annual 9Health Fair on April 13 from 7:00 a.m. to noon. This year, PVMC will hold the only 9Health Fair in the Brighton area, since Reunion has cancelled their 9Health Fair. Additionally, PVMC is the only Adams County location to offer gluten sensitivity testing at the fair; that test is $45.
If you or somone you know wants to attend the fair, here are a few points to remember:
- You must be 18 years of age or older to participate in the 9Health Fair
- Do not eat for 12 hours prior to doing tests that require a blood draw
- Drinking plenty of water the night before and morning of your 9Health Fair is the best way to prevent any issues during your blood draw experience, so remember to bring a water bottle with you.
- Diabetics should not fast
- Continue taking prescribed medications
- For gluten sensitivity testing: you must have gluten in your diet for two weeks leading up to the test.
For more about the 9Health Fair at Platte Valley Medical Center, or to volunteer call Peggy Jarrett at x3590, or email her at email@example.com. You can also visit www.9healthfair.org to register online.