Spectrum Medical Imaging, our community’s first free-standing imaging center, will open on Monday morning. Spectrum offers patients a lower cost, more convenient option for imaging procedures, especially for those whose insurance company requires them to go to a free-standing facility. No longer do they have to drive to Denver for affordable outpatient imaging needs.
Spectrum Medical Imaging is designed with our community’s needs in mind:
- Being away from the main hospital entrance, patients will enjoy easier center access, including a convenient patient drop-off, a front door, main floor location, and less congested parking options.
- Technologically, Spectrum offers a full range of diagnostic radiology services. The Hitachi Oasis MRI provides high field imaging with an open design, especially benefits patients with claustrophobia or obesity issues. Screening mammograms are performed using the latest 3D Tomography (mammography) technology. The center provides Ultrasound, X-Ray and Bone Density (Dexa) studies. All equipment is American College of Radiology Accredited and the exams are interpreted by Board Certified Radiologists.
- With more and more patients on high deductible health care plans, Spectrum has specifically negotiated payor reimbursement rates, including patient out-of-pockets costs.
In short, Spectrum delivers a more convenient, yet high tech option to patients, at a lower cost.
Platte Valley Medical Center still offers the following inpatient and outpatient services:
- Screening and diagnostic mammography services using the latest – gold standard – 3D Mammography technology.
- X-ray services include all plain film x-rays (to include scoliosis and long leg imaging) and all types of fluoroscopy imaging.
- Vascular, Body, and Heart Ultrasounds.
- State-of-the art 1.5 Tesla Wide Bore MRI services give patients the greater comfort of conventional open bore systems, as well as high-quality imaging of conventional closed bore systems.
- Two state-of-the-art CT machines, a 128 and an 80 Slice.
- Nuclear Medicine testing is available and a brand new Cardiac Camera will be available very soon.
- The only test no longer available at PVMC is DEXA Bone Density scans. These exams will be offered at Spectrum Medical Imaging only.