I conduct myself professionally and am accountable for my actions:
This behavior standard may seem easy to follow at first. You might think to yourself “all I have to do is act professionally and behave myself and I’m following the standard.” This is true, but to be truly living this standard – not just following it, is a little more involved.
Behaving in a professional manner can be as simple as showing up for your shift on time each day, and dressing within the hospital dress code. But it can also be achieved in subtle ways, like making eye contact while listening to a coworker or patient, asking follow up questions when you don’t understand something, or using social media responsibly.
By holding ourselves accountable and conducting ourselves professionally, we not only create a climate where our patients, families, and visitors feel welcome and cared for but our fellow associates do as well.
- I take responsibility for my work and follow through with all tasks
- I show respect by active listening, showing empathy, being considerate
- I support and recognize positive qualities of Platte Valley providers and staff
- I come to work on time
- I follow the Platte Valley dress code
- I wear my name badge at all times while working
Christine Salvi, MHA, BSN, RN
Director of Patient Experience