SCL Health believes the best solutions to solving today’s toughest healthcare challenges come from within. That’s why we are again inviting all associates to put on your thinking caps, form teams and come up with innovative ideas that improve care during the second annual Innovation Challenge. You could win up to $150,000 to turn your idea into reality, plus $1,000* in take-home cash!
This year we challenge you to come up with ideas that will help improve care for communities and populations – not just individuals with immediate health needs – by focusing on the social determinants of health.
We’re calling this concept “360˚ of Caring,” and we can’t wait to hear your ideas!
To submit your team’s idea and learn more about the challenge, visit SCLHealthInnovation.org. The deadline for submissions is March 25 at noon.
Ready to get started? Here is what you need to know:
- Read the additional materials on the website to help inform and shape your idea!
- Form a team and get to work on the solution. When your idea is ready for primetime, submit it online: http://www.sclhealthinnovation.org
- Ideas will be evaluated by an Innovation Council consisting of the Innovation and Virtual Health team, clinical experts, and senior leaders, using criteria such as:
- ‘Degrees of caring’ (inclusion of social determinants of health – read section below)
- Positive impact on the patient journey or quality
- Return on investment or Cost Avoidance
- Ideas will also be posted online and subject to popular vote. Semi-finalists will be asked to supply additional details required to further vet the viability of their ideas. Finalists will receive special training and be asked to present ideas to senior leaders. Winners will be provided funding and resources to implement their ideas.
*In accordance with Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations, items of value given to associates are considered compensation subject to federal, state and employment tax withholding.